Terms and Conditions
4. MINIMUM AGE. You must be at least 18 years old to access and participate on this site. You guarantee and warrant you are at least 18 years old and are able to enter into this Agreement from a legal perspective. If you registered your Company, you represent that you have written or other sufficient corporate authority to form binding contracts under applicable law on behalf of your Company each time that you use the Site. You agree that you will not allow others to use your account, nor will you use your account or the Site on an outsourcing basis or on behalf of third parties. You also agree not to use the Site if you are temporarily or permanently suspended from using the Site.
5. NEWSLETTER SIGNUPS AND MAILINGS. You have the option, but not obligation, to sign up and receive a free newsletter from us. Should you do so, you are agreeing to receive further emailings from us of a commercial nature.
7. USE OF SOFTWARE. Company may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, ”Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by Company, for your personal, noncommercial, home use only. Company does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Company retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos are owned by Company or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
8. USER CONTENT. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (”User Content”) to the site, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a permanent, non-exclusive license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet businesses of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the site, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
9. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the site, you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, ”Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you. All Digital Millennium Copyright Act matters are processed pursuant to our DMCA Policy, which you may access via the DMCA link at the bottom of the page.
10. INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any Content that (a) is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or threatening; (b) advocates or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or foreign law or regulation; (c) advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods or services; or (d) provides medical advice to other users. Company reserves the right to terminate your receipt, transmission, or other distribution of any such material using the site, and, if applicable, to delete any such material from its servers. Company intends to cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials or agencies in the investigation of any violation of these Terms or of any applicable laws.
11. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, ”Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your account. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
12. NO WARRANTIES. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES. WE ARE MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE ”AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
13. LIMITED LIABILITY. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY US. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
15. PROHIBITED USES. We impose certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, ”flooding,” ”spamming,” ”mail bombing,” ”crashing” or instituting a ”DDOS” attack on the Site; (d) using the Site to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Site; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by us in providing the Site. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
17. COPYRIGHT. All contents of Site or Service are: Copyright © ’ . 2017 .’ ’ MilsurpExchange’com.
19. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by us or by any third party.
20. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. The Site may contain links to third party websites as well as third party advertisements. MilsurpExchange.com is not responsible for and has no liability for the privacy or other practices of any such third party. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
21. Only A Venue. You agree and acknowledge that we are not a traditional auctioneer. The Site is only an advertising venue for the sale of firearms, accessories,military surplus and collectables and related items (“Items”) by means of an electronic bidding format. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers, and we make no representation, and give you no assurance, that:
- The persons using the Site (i) are not misrepresenting their identity, location or authority to enter into contracts, and (ii) are of legal age and capacity to enter into contracts.
- A seller placing an Item on the Site is able to or will complete the sale of the Item or deliver the Item to the buyer, or that a buyer bidding on an Item is able to or will complete the purchase of an Item from a seller.
- A seller has truthfully and accurately described an Item placed on the Site.
- An Item listed for sale on the Site exists, or is (i) safe, (ii) of any particular quality, (iii) non-infringing with regard to the intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or (iv) free from liens, encumbrances or contractual claims attributable to seller, or that an Item may be legally sold by the seller.
- The sale and transfer of an Item complies with any or all applicable legal requirements for the sale, transfer and transport of that Item, including but not limited to statutes, regulations or requirements of any country, state, locality, province, municipality or other government authority or regulatory entity regarding sales or auctions, the sale and/or transfer of any Item (including firearms, ammunition, black powder or any other item), export or import control, taxation, duties or tariffs, presence or licensing of brokers (the foregoing, “Legal Requirements”).
22. Buyers and Sellers.
- Buyer Undertakings.
Placing a bid constitutes entering into a binding legal contract with the seller to purchase the Item on the terms stated in this Agreement, the Site Rules and in the Listing, if your bid is the winning bid. You agree that if your bid is the winning bid, you will complete the purchase of the Item on such terms. All payments for Items purchased on the Site shall be remitted to the seller (we do not accept payment in any form for the Items bid on by buyers). You agree that you will not bid on any Item unless the transfer and transport of that Item to you can be done in accordance with all Legal Requirements. You represent and warrant that you are bidding on all Items only for your own account and not for the benefit of any third party.
- Seller Undertakings
(i) Listing an Item constitutes entering into a binding legal contract with the buyer to sell the Item on the terms stated in this Agreement, the Site Rules and in the Listing, if the buyer’s bid is the winning bid. You agree to complete the sale of all listed Items on such terms.(ii) You represent to us that (A) you have the legal right to sell the Items you list, and (B) the sale of your Items on the Site will not (1) be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items, (2) shall not infringe any parties’ copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy, or (3) violate any Legal Requirement (including without limitation those Legal Requirements governing export or import control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising).
23. Legality of Purchase and Shipment. If you sell or purchase firearms on the Site, you agree to comply with all applicable Legal Requirements governing the specific requirements for transfer and shipping of firearms, including without limitation those found in the Site Rules (which shall apply regardless of any contrary information contained in a seller’s Listing). You covenant and agree that: (i) you will comply with all applicable Legal Requirements (as defined above) in listing, selling, purchasing, transferring and shipping Items; (ii) you shall be solely responsible for compliance with all applicable export or import controls with respect to these transactions with respect to Items purchased or sold by you, (iii) you shall comply with all Legal Requirements regarding the reporting, collection, withholding and payment of all taxes and duties applicable to the sale, export and transport of each Item; (iv) you shall not engage in bid rigging or sale price manipulation of any kind on any Item; and (v) you shall comply with the following required terms of sale on the Site:
In the U.S., Firearms (as defined below) must be shipped only to a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder. Buyer must transmit a copy of his/her (or his/her transfer dealer’s) license to the seller before the Item can be shipped. Buyer must make arrangements with a Transfer Dealer before placing a bid. For purposes of this Agreement, “Firearms” and “Ammunition” shall have the meanings given in the Gun Control Act of 1968, 18 U.S.C. §§ 101 et seq.
Items may not be sold or shipped contrary to state and local Legal Requirements, which may vary considerably. For example, Items such as Ammunition or knives may require government-issued proof of age before they can be shipped to certain states, and in some states, certain types of knives or Ammunition may not be sold or shipped at all.
- U.S. Requirements. If you or the Items you are bidding upon are located within the U.S. or owned by persons located within the U.S., you additionally warrant that you are familiar with the U.S. statutes and regulations governing export controls, sanctions and embargoes, and you additionally agree that: (i) you are not a national of or located in any country embargoed by the United States, and (ii) you are not on the Excluded Parties List System, the Specially Designated Nationals List, or the Denied Persons List, and You are not listed on any other lists maintained by the U.S. federal government which prohibits or restricts participating in commercial or other transactions, and You are not using or accessing the Site on behalf of a party who is on any such lists.
- Release. You acknowledge and agree that we do not take title to or possession of any Item being sold on the Site, and we are not a principal in the transactions on the Site, nor are we your agent or an agent of any seller or other buyer. Because we are not and cannot be involved in dealings between users of the Site, in the event that you have a dispute with another user (whether a buyer or seller), you hereby release us, our directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, demands and damages (actual, special, incidental and consequential, and including attorneys’ fees) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
- We Are Not the Seller; Transfer of Title. We do not transfer legal ownership of Items from the seller to the buyer, and nothing in this agreement shall modify the governing provisions of Georgia Uniform Commercial Code § 11-2-401(2) and Uniform Commercial Code § 2-401(2), under which legal ownership of an item is transferred upon physical delivery of the Item to the buyer by the seller. Unless the buyer and the seller agree otherwise, the buyer will become the Item’s lawful owner upon physical receipt of the item from the seller, in accordance with governing law cited above.
24. General Provisions. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to put into effect the intent of this Agreement, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. The failure by either party to exercise or enforce any rights or provisions of this Agreement (including the Site Rules or other document incorporated by reference herein) shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. This Agreement, including any other applicable terms and conditions or rules that govern your use of individual Services, which are either incorporated herein by specific reference or posted on the Site from time to time, comprises the entire agreement between you and MilsurpExchange.com and supersedes all prior representations, agreements or statements between us, written or oral, regarding the subject matter contained herein (including any prior user agreement for the Site). All provisions in this Agreement regarding representations and warranties, indemnification, disclaimers and limitations on liability shall survive any termination of this Agreement. The titles and headings contained in this Agreement are used for convenience only and are not intended to affect the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the respective successors and assigns of the parties, but you may not assign this Agreement to any person or entity without our prior written consent, and any such assignments made without consent shall be null and void. This Agreement is solely for the benefit of MilsurpExchange.com, its affiliates, and you, and shall not be construed for the benefit of any third party.
25. MilsurpExchange reserves the right to remove any auction or user from the site without notice.